The First Ventura County Country Club
The creation of Ventura County's first country club in 1921 was big news and a sign of the sophistication the county had achieved. Founding president was banker, politician and agriculturist, Walter H. Duval. Board members included prominent citizens like banker and philanthroper, Eugene P. Foster, Limoneira president, Charles C. Teague, banker and rancher, Charles Donlon, agriculturist and oil developer, Charles C. Perkins, and agriculturist and land developer, Clarence Chrisman. By 1923, the first brochure was produced that listed all of the members. The name of the non-profit organization was the Ventura County Country Club (VCCC).